Information about cookies
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small, harmless piece of text that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any website. The purpose of the cookie is for the website to be able to remember your visit when you return to that page. Cookies usually store information of a technical nature, personal preferences, personalisation of content, usage statistics, links to social networks, access to user accounts, etc. The purpose of the cookie is to adapt the content of the website to your perl and needs, without cookies the services offered by any page would be significantly diminished. Although many people do not know it, cookies have been used for 20 years, when the first browsers for the World Wide Web appeared.
What is not a cookie?
It is not a virus, Trojan, worm, spam, spyware or pop-up.
What information does a cookie store?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit card or bank details, photographs, your ID card or personal information, etc. The data they store is of a technical nature, personal preferences, personalisation of content, etc. The web server does not associate you as a person but your web browser. In fact, if you usually browse using Internet Explorer and try browsing the same website with Firefox or Chrome and you will see that the website does not realise that you are the same person because it is actually associating the browser, not the person.
What types of cookies are there?
According to their purpose
- Technical cookies: These allow the user to browse and use the different options or services that exist on the website, such as, for example, controlling the processing and communication of data, identifying the session, accessing restricted areas, remembering the elements of an order, registering for an event, using security elements, sharing content through social networks, etc.
- Personalisation cookies: These allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics that are predefined according to a series of criteria such as, for example, language, browser type, the regional setting from which the user accesses the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These enable the monitoring and analysis of user behaviour. The information collected is used to measure the activity of the website, application or platform and to draw up user browsing logs in order to make improvements.
- Advertising cookies: These show advertising based on your browsing habits, your country of origin, language, etc.
Depending on who manages them
- First-party cookies: these are managed by the website you are visiting, even if they have been installed by an external service.
- Third-party cookies: these are cookies generated and managed by external services or providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
According to its duration
- Session cookies: These are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the website, so that none is recorded on the user’s hard drive. The information obtained through these cookies is used to analyse traffic patterns on the website.
- Permanent cookie: These are stored on your hard drive and are read by our website each time you make a new visit. A permanent cookie has a specific expiry date and will stop working after that date. We generally use them to facilitate the purchase and registration services. They are those generated by the page you are visiting and third-party cookies are those generated by external services or providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
Can cookies be deleted?
Yes, you may exercise your right to remove cookies from this website at any time. You can do this in two ways:
- From this website: open cookie settings
- From your browser settings: there you can search for cookies associated with the domain in question and delete them.
What happens if I disable cookies?
To help you understand the scope that disabling cookies can have, here are some examples: You will not be able to
- share content from this website on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The website will not be able to adapt the contents to your personal preferences.
- The website will not be able to perform web analytics on visitors and traffic on the website, which will make it difficult for the website to be competitive.
- The website will also not be able to tell whether you are a human or an automated application posting spam.
Cookie settings for the most popular browsers
Cookies used on this website
Strictly necessary cookies
|moove_gdpr_popup||grupoditecsa.com||Strictly necessary technical cookie that stores your preferences for the installation of cookies on this website.||1 year||Own|
|_ga||grupoditecsa.com||Google Analytics cookie that enables the unique visitor tracking function. The first time a user accesses the website through from a browser this cookie will be set. When this user re-enters the website with the same browser, the cookie will consider it to be the same user. Only in the event that the user changes browser, it will be considered another user.
|2 years||Third parties|
|_fbp||grupoditecsa.com||Utilizada por facebook para proporcionar productos publicitarios de terceros anunciantes. See facebook data policy.||3 meses||Third parties|
|fr||facebook.com||Facebook cookie for tracking visitors on the web. See facebook data policy.||3 months||Third parties|
Document revised on 23-04-2021.